Wednesday 2 October 2013

AND ANOTHER THING... (Warning: contains exclamation marks. Lots of 'em)

Look, I know it seems that I'm spending a lot of time pummeling DC Comics, but this is something that just bugs me.

Batman: Black & White is a really enjoyable book. Honest, it is. But this is the contents page of #2:


I mean, look at the talent there! And a cover by Jim Steranko!*

But also look! There's a listing of all the DC executive staff! And look! Just under that! There's a listing of all the DC executive staff! Again!

I know, I know. That indicia is in every book the company publishes, and the same sort of thing is in every Marvel book - every comic book available these days, in fact. I know it's the result of some kind of in-house decision, or slip-up, or something, and there's absolutely no malign intent.

It's just that having that same listing appear twice on the same page makes me think DC consider Jay Kogan or Alison Gill or Jeff Boison to be twice as important as JG Jones or Rafael Albuquerque or Alex Nino or dammit Jim Steranko.

I know that's probably not the case.

But this is the second month in a row this has happened in this book.

It annoys me.

That's all.












*Admittedly, the cover is of a Batman who looks like he's got some weird kind of Crown of Thorns thing sticking out of his cowl, but what the hell. It's Steranko!

No comments:

Post a Comment