Monday 18 March 2013

Last One For Today...


...is also the last scan from Love Romances 96. Apologies for the poor quality scan of a book that was literally falling apart. This issue was lent to me by someone who'd heard I'd become infatuated by old romance comics. A little research into it (which I should've done a few posts ago) tells me it's a Marvel comic from around the time they were just stopping being Atlas Comics - this issue was published in November 1961, which makes it contemporaneous with Fantastic Four #1 (and with me).

Credits: Stan Lee scripts, as was generally the case; interior art by Jack Kirby, Vince Colletta and Bob Forgione. I don't think the strip I've been featuring is by Kirby, and it's probable that Colletta was inking, so maybe we should call this as being pencilled by Forgione (I am now expecting to be told that I am wrong, or that Forgione was Colletta, or was Kirby. I am not ashamed of not knowing this).

Anyway, here's the cover, which is pretty damn Kirby:


And here's one final, very pretty interior page:

Seriously, would you look at the inking on this? It's a bit lovely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment